Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Oh my! I had forgotten all about this blog since Facebook took over my life. Maybe I will try a little blogging. Maybe this will be a one-time post and a forgotten blog left to languish will replace future posts. Who knows? Time will tell.

I've been busy with my new hobby: knitting. Unfortunately that placed my quilting on the back burner. I admit to feelings of guilt each time I walk by the sewing room. Sometimes I think I hear my sewing machine calling my name. But oh so much easier to just pick up the knitting needles.

We had a mild winter and very early spring. Lots and Lots of sunshine has replaced the usual gray drizzly skies. The crocus are already done blooming for this year and flowering trees are showing off all over town. My maple trees are just beginning to open their leaf buds. As always I enjoy spring just a little bit more than the other seasons.

Jake and Emma went to play at Rainbow Bridge last year. We still miss them. We talk about a new furry family member but I just don't think that either of us are ready yet. One of these days it will probably happen, but just not right now.

We have two new great grandsons since I posted last. And our son is engaged to be married sometime soon. I have settled into retirement quite well and love the mostly lazy days I spend doing whatever I want, with an occasional appointment tossed in.

That's about it. If I remember to post, I'll stop by with some photos of my latest knitting project. Making a pair of green tweed socks right now.

1 comment:

HOOTIN ANNI said...

Hello Barb!!! I loved seeing you stop by and leaving a comment for me!! LONG time no see. The last visit from you was a few years back, and I couldn't leave any reply since I don't do FB at all. And your blog was inactive.

Reading this post to catch up with what you've been doing these days was a thrill beyond words.

Do post again soon. I'd cherish seeing your knitting and what/where you go/do these days.

Thanks for stopping by to say hello.