Thursday, April 05, 2007

Class Quilt



My quilt from my latest class is pinned together and ready to quilt. The shiny spots you see are the brass pins that are holding the top, batting and back together. I'm going to quilt this one myself, on my machine, just to see how I can do. I did try to shadow quilt one of the bow-ties, and except for one or two wobbly stitches, it turned out pretty good.

I learned a lot in this class. A lot of new techniques were introduced and I feel a little more confident to pick designs and color now.

Here's a close up of one of the corners. The binding isn't on yet. The brown you see at the bottom is actually the backing.

4 comments:

Melli said...

Oh my gosh Barb! It is GORGEOUS!!! I LOVE those colors! And the country feel of it! It will be exciting to have it back and ready to use!!! :)

Hootin'Anni said...

OMG!!!! That is stunning. Love the rich tones and the color combinations. You're an inspiration to get me to try making a quilt. Someday....someday. I have in mind a theme, instead of patterned...I don't know if that's possible.

FABULOUS. Can't wait to see the 'quilting'.

Carebear said...

Hi Barb. Thanks for stopping by my blog. This quilt is gorgeous. I can't believe you can do this - what a talent! I'm impressed. And yep, I will definitely be at next Stamp Club meeting - my hubby will finally be home from training so he can watch the kids! Have a great week.

Hootin' Anni said...

Hi Barb!!!

It was just so super nice to see you in my blog today.

I keep thinking of you and the Mariner's. Are you going to a lot of games this year?

Here, Houston is in the bottom. Go figure.

dated: May 28th, 2009