Wednesday, April 12, 2006

First Quilter Experience

Well, I took my first quilt to the quilter yesterday. Bobby, the owner and quilter, at Riverside Quilting couldn't have been more helpful and understanding of my inexperience. I needed to choose thread and the quilting pattern, and I didn't know what to choose. I finally agreed to pay a certain amount of money that gave her some flexibility in the pattern and I chose a green variegated thread. That may change when she actually gets ready to quilt it. I have about a 7-8 week wait until I get it back. This will sure test my patience, huh? We decided on some feathering for the quilting and I assume there will be some other pattern in there as well.

Quilting is certainly a learning experience and I learn more with each thing that I do.



On my way home from the quilter, I stopped at a fabric store and bought some cute baby flannel for a quilt for a great niece. It has little booties and blocks and butterflies on it, along with lots of other cute baby things. It will be fun to work on.

5 comments:

Wystful1 said...

what cute patterned print!!

Melli said...

Oh boy! Here we go again! For a litty girl this time! Cute materials! WOW! 8 weeks on your big quilt, huh? Do you get visitation priviledges?

PJ said...

Barb, you should watch for a quilt show to come to your area. If you haven't been to one they are awesome. I've been to the National one in Houston several times. They are amazing both the quilts and the shopping.

LibertyBelle said...

That is a wonderful pattern!
Enjoy!

Moogie said...

I love that pattern! I can't wait to see what you will do with it.