Monday, March 06, 2006

My Sewing Room

This is the area in the guest room that I've set up for my sewing. It's pretty bare bones at this point. I'd love to have one of those Koala sewing cabinets. And a cutting table. But all in good time.
I keep the ironing board set up at the end of the bed, but when company comes and uses the guest room, I hide it away in the closet to give them more room.
The opposite wall holds a chest of drawers and chair for guest use. At the moment I'm pulling the wood chair over to the sewing table, but I'll be shopping for an adjustable sewing chair soon.

5 comments:

Melli said...

Ahhhh... it's a very nice room to sew in! And you've got it all organized so nicely! I would want to sew all the time too if I had a nice set up like that!

Wystful1 said...

pretty, pretty, pretty! Beautifully decorated and such a bright sunny room to work in! Why, I wouldn't want to leave it when I had a project to do. (I'd use the bed too, not to nap on, but to lay the project out in the open to watch the progress!)

jackie said...

It really is pretty and so tidy.
I like the colours in your knitting too.

Gina E. said...

Hi Barb,
Thanks for visiting me at Patra's Place - here I am returning the compliment. Love your sewing room - SOOOO neat!! Wish mine was...I actually have two rooms (Hubby and I have a 4 bedroom house but no kids), one of which houses my vintage linen collection and my finished embroideries. The other room is my 'den' with books, stash, sewing machine etc. That is the Messy One!

LibertyBelle said...

Wow - My sewing room is part of my office and I have everything kinda packed away in the corner.
That is so neat what you've done.