Monday, March 27, 2006

Flannel Quilt - Retro 1950's Cowboy and Indian Print "Johnny and Buck"

Yesterday I finally cut out the second half of the squares for the flannel quilt. Once cut, I couldn't help but lay them out in order to be sewn. As one thing usually leads to another, next I had to sew a strip together to see how it was going to look. Six strips later, I couldn't resist sewing the strips together to see even better how things were shaping up. A break for dinner and then there I was in front of the sewing machine again. This time sewing the other six strips. They went together quickly, because the flannel sort of stuck to it's self and there was no slipping and sliding of the fabric as I was sewing. I love sewing on flannel!! There are 20 different fabrics in this quilt, the photo only shows 11.

9 comments:

Wystful1 said...

How-w-w-w adorable is this gonna be? Wow, I wanna grandma just like you!! I never had anything like this made for me!! This is super-darling Barb!!

Becci said...

oh! this is going to be one beautiful quilt! I love the colors! very nice sweetie! One of my sisters just started putting a quilt together, with squares from her daughters old clothes, for her new baby she (the daughter) is expecting...I thought that would be an awesome blanket, with old clothes the mom will remember from her childhood!...cant wait to see your finished quilt!

PJ said...

It's beautiful, just wait until you wrap that little baby up in it!

Melli said...

Aww... little cowboys! How cute! I'm sure Sarah and the baby will both love it! You're such a GREAT great grandma! (Sarah IS your granddaughter - right?)

Barb said...

Yep, Sarah is my granddaughter. You got it right :)

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Barb, are you planning on entering your wonderful quilts in the fair or anything? They are all great!

Barb said...

Nope, no fair entry this year. I need to perfect my skills a bit more before I consider doing that. Maybe next year. :) (btw, who are you, anonymous?)

Anonymous said...

Hi - sorry to barge in on your blog site. I noticed you are using the Johnny & Buck fabric - Where can I order it??? I have been searching for about two months and this is the first I have even seen of it online - in fact I didn't even know it's name till I saw your quilt. None of my local stores carry it. Any help would be SOOOO appreciated!

Lindsey Anderson said...

Hi Barbara,

I love this quilt. My nephew on my husbands side received a quilt made with this fabric and I have been trying to get my sister in-law to ask her aunt where she got the material. I finally have found someone else that has done this quilt. WHERE DID YOU GET THE MATERIAL? I'm wanting to due our baby's room in this material. I just love it. Please of please tell me where you got it. You can email me at: creativeandersonlady@yahoo.com. I hope to hear from you!! I also do accounting in Portland, OR