Thursday, March 30, 2006

Flannel Quilt Progress

My flannel quilt is coming along nicely. I completed sewing all the squares and strips together a couple of days ago, and today I pin basted it all together. I chose Warm and Natural batting and I'm excited to begin quilting now. I'm also nervous to begin. I guess I'm afraid that I'll mess it up. I plan to make a little sandwich of the fabric and batting to try out the quilting stitch before I begin. That way I can be sure that I have the stitch length and thread tension correct. I bought some of the red horseshoe fabric today for the binding. I think that will make all the red "pop" and be pretty cute.



Nothing to do with sewing: Seattle Mariner's opening day baseball game is Monday at 2:05pm. I have tickets in hand and cant wait to be there. Hooooray!! It's time for baseball once again.


1 comment:

Melli said...

I can't wait to see the finished product. I came across another quilt on line during the past week -- and it had the most interesting quilting pattern to it... some blocks had 2 circles (forming O's)and others had double X's -- Kisses and hugs! It was a baby quilt too! Really neat!