Friday, March 10, 2006

Continuing on with the apron

I'm going slow but sure on Mom's apron. I wanted to use one of the decorative stitches on my new machine, so I tried a few on scraps and picked the one I liked the best. Instead of the usual top stitch around the edge of the pockets, I used a stitch that overlapped from the edge of the pocket onto the fabric of the apron. It left a cute decorative stitch and the edge sewn down flat against the apron. Very cute!


This is the stitch that I used. I have never taken any classes on machine applique, but I have a feeling that it's probably done very much like this.

2 comments:

Melli said...

That looks sort of like smocking. I bet it'll be real cute when it's done! I'm sUre you'll have a picture for us.... ;)

Wystful1 said...

oh boy oh boy...'nother great project of Barb's!! I'm sure wishin' and hopin' you'll have a picture of the apron for us!!!