Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Block-a-month Quilt


This is my first block for my block-a-month quilt. After just completing my first quilt top of 4 and 2 inch squares, these little triangles were quite the challenge for me. Matter of fact, I threw the first one away and started over! This one turned out better and I learned a lot. And that's what it's all about at this point: learning. I have no idea what the other 11 blocks will look like. I show up each month and get the next one. ~ I'm really loving my new hobby!

5 comments:

Wystful1 said...

Ohhhhhhhhh, to say the least!!! That LOOKS WAY TOO challenging for me! *giggles* I love your completed quilt you showed us. WTG Barb!!!

Melli said...

Well, this one is beautiful too! A "square a month" ... does that mean that this quilt will only have 12 squares? Mighty little quilt, huh? Wall hanging? Do YOU pick the colors for this or does your instructor? And will each block be the same materials with just a different design? Or will they each be different colors AND design? This is fascinating....

Moogie said...

This is sooooo beautiful Barb. I can't wait to see what the next one will be like! My grandmother used to quilt too. She did everything by hand.

Keep up the good work! You are doing fabulous!

GG said...

Barb, this is just gorgeous! How long will it take to complete the whole quilt and what size are you making? I love it!!

QuilterCarolyn said...

I love this block. Who's BOM is it? Is the pattern available online? Excellent work.